Hope you are doing well!
I’m sorry I’ve been a little MIA lately…have had some pretty big changes happening over the past couple of weeks (all good) so have had no time to write…anything!
So a little background story of why I decided to write this post in particular. Yesterday I was walking around the Sydney CBD, and usually I’d be used to seeing all sorts of different people but I was standing at a set of lights waiting to cross the road and a girl’s makeup caught my eye (as it often does haha). She was quite fair, probably the same skin tone as me and she was wearing two big stripes of dark shimmer bronzer on her cheeks (apples and cheek bones). It’s a little weird but I couldn’t stop looking and wondering why she did it! I know we all long to have the Jennifer Lopez glow, but if you don’t have it, we can only fake it so far!
So here’s a few little tips on how to apply bronzer, and what is best for your skin tone.
- Remember the aim: You want to enhance a healthy, bronzed glow. To my fair skinned readers, bronzer isn’t for you (unless you are contouring of course).
- If you are lucky enough to have a natural tan, or you are a fake tan wearer, remember that we don’t tan evenly. To fake a healthy tan you want to even the skin tone out. Less is more on the high points on your face, so forehead and nose. Instead of adding bronzer to these areas, try a highlighter instead!
- If you have fair skin on your face, but the rest of your body has a tan change your foundation colour instead of using a bronzer.
- Don’t go too dark with the bronzer, try to go with a colour only 2 or 3 shades darker than your skin tone.
- If you have blemishes, fine lines, large pores or oily skin go for a matte bronzer and anything with shimmer will highlight imperfections.
- For fair skinned ladies if you must go with a bronzer, try mixing it with your blush, or go for a very light brown. Another way to get a healthy glow is to use a highlighter instead of a bronzer.
- If in doubt, use blush! A universal shade is anything with a peach tone. This will help brighten your complexion and give you a glow without going over board with bronzer.
So there are my quick tips! Hope this helps you decide what is right for your skin tone.
Til next time!